My New Year’s resolution for 2013 arose with my efforts to try and treat our environment in the best possible way that I can, because, let’s face it, there are enough people who don’t. This goal surely is limited by several factors, such as money. However, there are some things that we can do, which are even great for the wallet. Going paperless is one of them. I am not trying to say that one should ditch all paper use from one day to another, simply because it sometimes isn’t possible. You will still receive mail through your letter box and (with respect to being a scientist) you will still have to print and hand sign out your travel claims forms. (more…)
Archive for February, 2013
The ICSS PhD DTC is currently looking for the 5th cohort of Complex Systems Simulation students.
- 16,500 £ p.a. tax free
- laptop in the 1st year
- high-spec desktop computer in the 2nd year
- travel money for conferences, etc.
- 1st year taught component & finding your own PhD project
- opportunity to try out different research areas without “wasting” actual research time
- DTC has its own social space
- work in a broad multidisciplinary environment
I am very happy to be part of this programme and would definitely recommend it to everyone.