One month ago I have finally started my PhD in Complex Systems Simulation at the ICSS at the University of Southampton, UK. The first year will be a mostly taught MSc, followed by a three year PhD. This first year will give me the opportunity to explore different fields of research that interest me and could potentially make up the topic for my thesis. At the moment I am exploring ecological modelling to develop early-warning systems for ecosystems and modelling of the blood flow in human blood vessels. Although seemingly very different fields, they are joined by the tools to create appropriate models and the complexity of both systems.
- RT @PHDcomics: Can't prove it phdcomics.com/comics.php?f=1… https://t.co/XENDdLSllz 40 minutes ago
- Paper demonstrating that arterial pulsations cannot drive waste clearance from the brain accepted in @FrontNeurosci bit.ly/2w2klKx 9 hours ago
- @edXOnline #mooc on Science & Cooking: From Haute Cuisine to Soft Matter Science should be interesting! bit.ly/2wjgVp1 23 hours ago
- RT @AcademiaObscura: Everyone's favourite co-author. https://t.co/YG3SFaCr7p 1 day ago
- In the #UK we have our own #SolarEclipse. It's 3 months long and called #summer. 1 day ago